Company: Shelton-Cook Real Estate Services
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: November 2, 2019
The Maintenance Supervisor is generally responsible for completing
tasks that ensure the community meets all safety standards, site
appearance standards and that all apartments, buildings, equipment
and amenities are maintained in good working order. The Maintenance
Supervisor participates in and supervises the process of preparing
apartments for new residents, responding to and completing resident
requests for maintenance and implements programs that promote a
high-level of customer service. The Maintenance Supervisor oversees
and ensures work quality of the maintenance team and performs all
duties in compliance with all federal and state laws pertaining to
the apartment industry including Fair Housing.
This position reports directly to the Community Manager and has
supervisory responsibility over all maintenance employees,
groundskeepers and housekeepers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acts as a role-model to the maintenance staff and creates a
positive work environment by leading the maintenance team in
delivering and promoting excellent customer service and supporting
the resident retention and maintenance goals of the community at
2. Trains, schedules, develops and manages the performance of the
maintenance team to ensure the maintenance goals of the community
are being met. Ensures that the maintenance team complies with
company policies and safety standards.
3. Assists the Community Manager to develop the annual operating
budget for maintenance categories and manages the maintenance and
apartment turnover expenses to ensure they stay within budget.
4. Performs community maintenance functions as a working supervisor
in the areas of electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling systems (in
compliance with EPA), painting, carpentry, masonry, roofing and
fence systems repairs. Performs any and all maintenance tasks
required of subordinates as necessary to ensure deadlines are
5. Conducts periodic inspections to ensure work quality and
identifies maintenance needs of the community.
6. Develops community preventative maintenance programs and
schedules and ensures that the apartment community assets are
preserved and in good repair.
7. Schedules work, sets priorities, and assigns maintenance
responsibilities in order to achieve site maintenance standards for
resident satisfaction and efficiency.
8. Inspects, maintains and ensures repairs are performed on all
company vehicles, power equipment and hand tools. Orders parts and
supplies for equipment maintenance in accordance with community
9. Manages the apartment turnover processes to ensure an adequate
inventory of sharp apartments is available to meet the marketing
and leasing efforts of the community. Schedules subcontractors or
assists in the apartment turnover process as necessary. Inspects
all sharp apartments to ensure they
are ready for new resident move-in.
10. Follows company and community procedures for purchasing and
storing maintenance materials and supplies. Develops an inventory
control system to ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness in
materials on hand. Stays up-to-date on vendor services, products
and pricing. Sets up and maintains maintenance shop and storage
areas that are clean and organized.
11. Schedules maintenance team to handle emergency maintenance
requests in the evenings, on weekends and holidays. Acts as back up
for after-hours maintenance emergencies. Depending upon community
size, may be regularly scheduled to respond to after-hours
12. Adheres to community standards for community appearance and
curb appeal. Directs the maintenance team and participates in
maintaining cleanliness of grounds, building exteriors, curbs,
breezeways and amenities.
13. Assesses maintenance team technical abilities and skill levels.
Uses on-the-job training and performance management to develop team
competencies so that they can take on greater responsibilities and
are prepared for promotion.
14. Monitor the quality of all vendors and contractors and ensure
scheduled work is completed on time.
15. Promote the companys safety standards. Conducts monthly safety
meetings and inspections in accordance with company policies and
procedures. Maintains Community Safety Data Sheets (SDS). Reports
safety violations immediately to the Community Manager. Acts as a
role model in following safety procedures and utilizing all safety
equipment as necessary. Distributes all required safety equipment
to new hires on first day of employment. Adheres to all laws
related to the industry and maintenance field including Workers
Compensation, OSHA and EPA laws.
16. Complies with all administrative procedures. Reviews and
completes all maintenance forms accurately and in accordance with
established community deadlines (i.e. time sheets, turnover cards,
on-call logs, site inspection logs, service requests, pool logs,
maintenance & cleaning checklists, etc.).
17. Ensures that all routine lighting inspections are completed and
burnt-out bulbs are being replaced as necessary.
18. Participates in all mandatory training programs.
19. Responsible for possessing and maintaining personal hand tools,
reporting to work on time as scheduled and in proper uniform.
20. May be required to assist at other Shelton-Cook communities as
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with Community Manager,
Regional Portfolio Director, residents and subordinates.
2. Proven abilities and proficiency performing maintenance in all
of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliance repair,
carpentry, painting, pool maintenance & cleaning, carpet repair &
replacement, roofing, furnace and air conditioning repair.
3. Excellent supervisory and training skills.
4. Excellent customer service skills.
5. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic
6. Ability to manage and lead a team to achieve maintenance and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. A minimum of two years prior maintenance experience working in
the apartment industry or similar industry.
2. HVAC Certification desired.
3. Valid drivers license.
4. High School diploma or GED (or equivalent work experience).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands of the job described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to stand, bend, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle tools
and controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee
must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds individually and up to
200 pounds with assistance devices (i.e. hand trucks, dollies,
additional persons, etc.) Specific vision abilities required by the
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an
outdoor environment and is exposed to adverse weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to high.
Keywords: Shelton-Cook Real Estate Services, Sierra Vista , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!