Company: Kelly Services
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: March 28, 2019
Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking a Diesel Technician
to support one of our top government clients in Sierra Vista, AZ on
a 12-month contract assignment.
$22.50 per hour
- Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical,
electromechanical, or optical areas.
- Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and
maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Works from engineering drawings and written or verbal
- Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in
- Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments,
modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed
compounds and solutions.
- Conducts all maintenance and build-up of the heavy fuel engine
(HFE) propulsion system and assembly of HFE engines, must be able
test run engines and alternators.
- Have experience in mechanical and electrical trouble shooting
be able to diagnoses malfunctions and perform maintenance on diesel
engines, experience in reading drawings and able to follow written
- Work involves troubleshooting, repairing, electronic fuel
injection systems and related electrical assemblies.
- Tears down, adjusts, repairs, reassembles, and runs operational
checks on components of these systems following instructions
contained in technical manuals.
- Isolates and repairs complex malfunctions which are often
difficult to trace by a combination of visual and auditory
examinations, and uses a wide variety of test equipment such as
computerized engine analyzers, compression testers, test benches,
multi-meters, and special feeler and dial indicator gauges.
- Disassembles, repairs, replaces, reconditions, and rebuilds
components of the various systems.
- Experience in replacing engine components; such as fuel pumps,
fuel injectors, turbo chargers alternators, starters, relays,
clutch shoes, and engine mounts.
- Maintains and updates paper and electronic equipment records,
practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage
- Observes safety, sanitation and hazardous waste disposal rules
- Works wells in a team environment and can take direction.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- High School or equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree in Diesel Mechanics or ASE certification
from an accredited automotive school with an emphasis in automotive
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in small automotive turbo
diesel engines, ECU Diagnostic experience, Harness repair, HPFP,
P-RAIL, and fuel systems experience, and extensive troubleshooting
- Proficiency in one or more of the following disciplines:
mechanical, diesel engine and engine overhaul.
- Must know and understand the theory of diesel engines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and
demonstrate the ability to use a computer to order parts, research
data, and document maintenance electronically is required.
- Former military specialized training in aviation/aviation
support equipment is desirable.
- Former Military vehicle maintenance experience preferred.
- Candidate must be familiar with the following equipment: diesel
engines, 5-Ton Trucks, FMTV's, 3KW-30KW generators, HMMWV's.
- Work is often performed standing, bending and kneeling.
- Lifts supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Exposed to drafts, noise, fumes, dirt, dust and grease, and
automotive fluids that may cause irritation from chemicals.
- Required to follow safety procedures and use standard safety
equipment such as gloves, ear protectors, and safety glasses and
exercise proper handling of equipment and hazardous materials to
avoid serious injury in the work area.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a
role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million
workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals
directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent
supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5
billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook,
LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity
employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a
diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Sierra Vista , Diesel Technician, Professions , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!