Carpenter Helper - Patagonia, AZ
Company: Sundt Construction, Inc.
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Sundt is seeking concrete form carpenter helpers for our project in
Patagonia, AZ. Pay rate is $20-23/hr, subsistence is $100/day paid
7 days provided no scheduled hours missed, work schedule is 6-10's,
and anticipated project duration is approximately 6 months. Must
pass pre-employment drug test.
Assist Carpenter in planning, lay-out, and performing all types of
Carpentry work in accordance with all applicable plans,
specifications, codes, and industry standards. Work in other crafts
at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by
project supervision. Must have the ability to take direction from a
higher skilled worker or foreman.
1. Effective math skills - add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
2. Eliminate WASTE such as waiting, rework, transporting, material
storage, and time.
3. If unsure about any aspect of the work or issues regarding safe
practices, ask a supervisor before continuing.
4. Learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work.
5. Learn to safety and effectively use or operate work related
tools and equipment.
6. Look for opportunities for improvement in all tasks, means and
methods regarding the work and be willing to learn from others.
7. Maintain positive working relationships with all members of the
8. Produce high quality work, safely and productively at all
9. Provide feedback to ensure all materials, tools, equipment and
information is available for the work.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Must have a minimum of one to two years' experience in the
industrial/commercial construction industry and have a general
understanding of the carpentry trade.
2. NCCER Core Curriculum and/or High School Diploma or equivalent
3. Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may
include other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required
(including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety
glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
2. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a
3. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
4. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and
5. Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven
6. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel
objects on a frequent basis
7. Will climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs,
ladders and scaffolds.
8. Will lift, push or pull objects up to 50Ibs. on an occasional
9. Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical work in varying
temperatures and outside conditions.
Note: Jobs with the Safety-Sensitive designation are those that
include tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could
affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or
others such as operating a vehicle, operating equipment, operating
machinery or power tools, repairing/maintaining the operation of
any vehicle/equipment, the handling/disposal/transport of hazardous
materials, or the handling/treatment/disposal of potentially
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt is committed to the
equal treatment of all employees, and/or applicants for employment,
and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, color,
age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, genetic
information; or any other classification protected by applicable
Federal, state, or local laws.
Market Competitive Salary (paid weekly)
Employee Stock Ownership Plan & 401K
Industry Leading Health Coverage Starting after 60 days of
Sick Leave and Paid Time Off (PTO)
Medical, Health Savings, and Wellness credits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Workplace Wellness Programs
Mental Health Program
Life and Disability Insurance
Sundt Foundation - Charitable Employee-Owner's program
Keywords: Sundt Construction, Inc., Sierra Vista , Carpenter Helper - Patagonia, AZ, Professions , Patagonia, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!