Cybersecurity Specialist - Associate
Company: AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: May 24, 2023
We are looking for a Cybersecurity Specialist - Associate with a
Secret clearance or higher to join our growing team in Sierra
As a Cybersecurity Specialist - Associate you will:
- Perform cybersecurity related tasks designed to safeguard the
security of systems and information assets by protecting against
unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Manage information systems security, including disaster
recovery, database protection, and software development.
- Implements network security policies and procedures, ensures
network (LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and voice) security access,
and protects against unauthorized access, modification, or
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes ourEmployee
Stock Ownership Plan! (ESOP).
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs
with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Cybersecurity Specialist - Associate:
- Rely on instructions and pre- established guidelines to perform
the functions of the Cybersecurity Specialist.
- Help plan and execute Cybersecurity Information Technology (IT)
Operations ensuring events and activities are completed.
- Interface with Government Action Officers (AOs) and conduct
regular In-Process Reviews (IPRs) on TO project funding, schedules,
technical deliverables, management.
- Help develop and submit internal and external weekly and
monthly task order activity reports (WARs & MSRs) ensuring format,
technical and schedule compliance.
- As part of the team will work with end users to determine
needs, implements policies or procedures, and tracks compliance
through the organization.
- Help establish plans and administer the overall policies,
goals, and procedures for the information security function.
- Plan Government customer and assigned ASC MAC internal and
external IPR, working group or information meetings.
- Analyze information security systems and applications in order
to recommend and develop effective security measures.
- Ensure that required AMERICAN SYSTEMS and JITC training
requirements are completed in accordance with PMO guidance.
- Adhere to DISA JITC ISO 9001 Auditable Unit (AU) processes and
ensure that the program milestones are met.
- Research technical IT/NSS systems and capability documents for
testable cybersecurity requirements and develop test procedures
that will correctly test for expected results.
- Report on issues and identify cybersecurity Courses of Action
(COAs) for customer approval to mitigate issues quickly.
- Assist in planning out task order period of performance
planning, execution, data collection/ analysis, reporting and close
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government
services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to
complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide.
Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs, and
innovation we deliver excellence every day.
- Forbes National Best Midsize Companies
- Energage National Best Workplaces, National
- Washington Post Best Workplaces
Veteran Hiring Awards:
- U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
- BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
- TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
- Associate's degree and 2+ years of experience in an IT related
field (Additional certifications and experience may be considered
in lieu of degree)
- 6+ months of recent hands-on experience in specific
cybersecurity IT fields/testing areas and the capabilities
associated with the DoD architecture including IA/CND Policies and
- Possess a DoD Approved DoDD 8570/8140 IAT / IAM Level II
Certification. IAT Level II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC,
Security+ CE, CND, SSCP) or IAM Level II (CAP, CASP+ CE, CISM,
CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CCISO)
- Recent experience on an IT/NSS T&E project which includes
supporting all phases of a T&E life cycle in the areas of
Developmental, Operational, Cybersecurity, Unified Capabilities,
Joint Interoperability, Verification and Validation, and Standards
Conformance and Compliance testing.
- Current DoD Secret or higher clearance eligibility.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual
Orientation or EEO M/W/D/V/GI/SO
Keywords: AMERICAN SYSTEMS, Sierra Vista , Cybersecurity Specialist - Associate, Other , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...