Recreation Aid (trainee - Lifeguard) Nf-01
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: November 15, 2022
SummaryThis position is located at MWR Aquatics on Fort
Huachuca, AZ. This is a flexible position (0-40 hours) with no
eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans. Upon
completion of mandatory certifications, the incumbent will be
noncompetitively reassigned to Recreation Aid (Lifeguard), PD#3206,
responsible for lifeguarding guest in attendance at the assigned
aquatic facility. Please include all information (name, address,
phone, email, etc.) for all references on your resume. Learn more
about this agency Help Overview
- Accepting applications
- Open & closing dates 08/19/2022 to 12/01/2022
- Salary $15 - $15.50 per hour
- Pay scale & grade NF 1
- Help Location
- Fort Huachuca, AZ Few vacancies
- Remote job No
- Telework eligible No
- Travel Required Not required
- Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Appointment type Intermittent -
- Work schedule Intermittent -
- Service Competitive
- Promotion potential None
- Job family (Series) 0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
- Supervisory status No
- Security clearance Not Required
- Drug test No
- Position sensitivity and risk Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
- Trust determination process Suitability/Fitness
- Announcement number O3NAFEJ2211617389
- Control number 672591600 Help This job is open to
- The public U.S. Citizens, Nationals or those who owe allegiance
to the U.S. Help Duties
- This is a training position for a certified Lifeguard. Must be
able to swim and participate in the lifeguard certifications. Works
under close supervision wherein the work is closely
reviewed/monitored and detailed guidance provided.
- Must participate in all required training (emergency rescue
drills, emergency action plan simulations).
- Mandatory certification must be complete within 30 calendar
days of employment.
- Must be able to swim and participate in the lifeguard
- Performs other duties as assigned. Help Requirements Conditions
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify)
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance
- Lifeguards must have good vision (corrected vision if
necessary) while on duty to effectively recognize all emergencies,
incidents and rule breaking.
- Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high
temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious
disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B
vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
- A pre-employment occupational physical with a vision screening
is required for this position.
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and
wear personal protective equipment.
- Incumbent must be willing and able to work weekends, weekdays,
holidays and night duty, as well as irregular duties or when needed
for special events and related requirements.
- Fifteen(15) year old lifeguards must comply with the
restriction of the DOL Child Labors Law (Jan 17, 2006).
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks
in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Tier 1 background
- Must have current health assessment which documents good
physical health, and free from communicable disease IAW current
- All required certifications must obtained within specified time
and kept current.
- Failure to complete the required certification will result in
removal from employment.
- Be able to obtain within 30 days and maintain the following
certifications: Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED from a
nationally recognized agency.
- Appointment subject to favorable suitability determination.
Qualifications This Vacancy Announcement has been re-extended from
closing date Thursday, 20 October 2022 to a new closing date of
Thursday, 01 December 2022 at 11:59 PM (EST). This Vacancy
Announcement has been extended with a new closing date of Thursday
22 Sep 2022 at 11:59 PM (EST). Additionally, a cutoff date has been
established for Thursday 8 Sep 2022 at 11:59 PM (EST). For further
information please see the additional information section below
- Must be able to swim and participate in the lifeguard
- Must be willing to obtain within 30 days and maintain the
following certifications: Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED from
a nationally recognized agency.
- All required certifications must be obtained within specified
time and kept current.
- Work hours which may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and
night duty. Additional information on the requirements and duties
for this position can be viewed here. Education This position does
not have an education substitution. Additional informationThis
Vacancy Announcement has been re-extended from closing date
Thursday, 20 October 2022 to a new closing date of Thursday, 01
December 2022 at 11:59 PM (EST). All eligible applicants who apply
by Thursday, 22 September 2022 at 11:59 PM (EST) may be referred to
management per request. All additional eligible applicants who
apply after this date will be referred at the time of closing if no
selection has been made from previously referred applicants. This
Vacancy Announcement has been extended with a new closing date of
Thursday 22 Sep 2022 at 11:59 PM (EST). Additionally, a cutoff date
has been established for Thursday, 8 Sep 2022 at 11:59 PM (EST).
All eligible applicants who apply by the initial cutoff date of 8
Sep 2022 will be referred to management at that time. All
additional eligible applicants who apply after this date will be
referred as further vacancies occur. Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US
Citizens and Non-US Citizens within 35 miles of Fort Huachuca.
(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated
Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the
area of consideration.) Manual Applications:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your
application package using a manual application method. Please
contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on
this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application
form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and
other supporting documentation) must be received no later than
12:00 PM (noon) by 12/01/2022 in order to process your application
in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the
job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- This position is eligible for Night Differential.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not
authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the
Government's interest. Please check out our Applicant Information
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful
when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and
paste this URL:
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status
of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety
protocols. For more information, visit
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement
for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date.
Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional
- Any individual who was required to register with Selective
Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did
not register before the requirement terminated or became
inapplicable to the individual, will not be hired. Read more
- Help Review our benefits How You Will Be EvaluatedYou will be
evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
qualifications above. Applicants can claim the following
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds
Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran
(OAV) Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established
recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, K.S.A's where required,
etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for
termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
Please refer to our Application Information Kit for further
information on eligibility and required documentation.
- Help Review our benefits
- As a new or existing federal employee, you and your family may
have access to a range of benefits. Your benefits depend on the
type of position you have - whether you're a permanent, part-time,
temporary or an intermittent employee. You may be eligible for the
following benefits, however, check with your agency to make sure
you're eligible under their policies. The following documents must
be submitted with your application:
- Resume Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be
accepted in place of a Resume. The below items are accepted and may
be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- DD 1300
- VA Documentation
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action Important:
Documentation demonstrating eligibility for NAF Hiring Preference
or NAF Hiring Priority Consideration are required to be included
with your application. For Military Spousal Preference, complete
and legible PCS orders must be uploaded at time of application to
include all pages in order to substantiate eligibility. Applicants
that do not substantiate their claims at the time of application
will have their applications adjusted and receive consideration as
an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV), or highest preference or
priority consideration claimed and substantiated at time of
application. For additional information please view our Application
Keywords: USAJOBS, Sierra Vista , Recreation Aid (trainee - Lifeguard) Nf-01, Other , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!