2021-2022 - Kindergarten Teacher
Company: Sierra Vista Unified School District
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Associate or Bachelor Degree, preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Two to three years of experience in an office with considerable
public contact, preferred.
- Computer experience preferred; must be able to type or keyboard
at a net corrected speed of a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Must be able to use modern office equipment including
computers, scanners, copiers, VoIP phones.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel,
Outlook), Google Docs Editors Office Suite (i.e., Docs, Sheets,
- Two to three years' experience in performing general office
work, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and/or
training that demonstrates desired knowledge, skills and
- Strong organizational and budgeting skills.
- Must be able to interact with students and staff.
- Must be physically able to lift, carry, push, pull, or
otherwise move objects weighing a minimum of 10 to 20 pounds,
- Must be physically able to sit for extended periods of time,
but will involve walking and/or standing for brief periods of
- Must be physically able to perceive the nature of sound, near
and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, and
the manual dexterity to operate equipment necessary to fulfill the
duties of this position.
- Run scheduled reports in the District's adopted Special
Education Program to ascertain ESS compliance.
- Ensure regulatory requirements described in the Arizona
Department of Education (ADE) Guide Steps are followed throughout
- Be familiar with the Guide Steps which contains the provisions
of a free appropriate public education.
- Communicate regularly with special education teachers and
related service providers.
- Prepare ESS files for the annual ADE audit.
- Responsible for the preparation of applications for all ESS
related federal, state, and local projects authorized by the
Superintendent, insuring fund allocations are documented in the
- Collaborate with all stakeholders including staff and ADE to
ensure grants are submitted accurately and with fidelity, utilizing
funds for the benefit of the respective students.
- Maintain contact with the Arizona Department of Education (ADE)
in order to keep up-to-date of new or changing federal or state
programs and regulations as they relate to the ESS Department
- Prepare budget revisions with appropriate coding, narrative,
and completeness as needed per ESS department requirements and/or
- Monitor fiscal documentation and program reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position encompasses two essential ESS components - SPED
Data Compliance and ESS Grant Management. The SPED Data Compliance
will be managed through generating scheduled reports in the ESS
student software and by assisting staff in adhering to data
requirements mandated by ADE. The successful candidate will
demonstrate the ability to collaborate with other District
departments and stakeholders in addition to conducting relevant
research in gathering essential data based on the assessed needs
for state grants (e.g. IDEA Grant, Title III Grant, SEI Grant, High
Needs ADE Funding Grants, Gifted Student Grant, Early Childhood
- Prepares grants and facilitates budget management
- Provides direct MET/IEP compliance support through analyzing
scheduled reports from the ESS data program.
- Works professionally and collaboratively with all
PLEASE REFER TO QUALIFICATIONS
OTHER INFORMATION: APPLY TO:
APPLICANT PROCEDURE: A composite of the following information
should be on file in the District Office at the date of
- Letter of interest (In-District Applicants)
- A current on-line application (Out of District Applicants)
- A resume
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Starting Salary: $14.50 per hour
Work year: 12 Months / 8 hours per day
Benefits: Full Benefits
DAYS: 261 FROM - JULY TO - JUNE GROUP / GRADE: START
July 1, 2021
Keywords: Sierra Vista Unified School District, Sierra Vista , 2021-2022 - Kindergarten Teacher, Other , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!