Company: Prescient Edge
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Prescient Edge is seeking a Systems Engineer to support a
Federal Government client. As a Systems Engineer, you will:
- Coordinate UAS operating site services to include: site
preparation, site support services during UAS operations, as
required. Site support services shall encompass the launch and
recovery sites, the Ground Control Station (GCS), Remote Video
Terminal (RVT) and potential emergency and alternate airfield
- Provide flight authorization and scheduling support, including
preparing and updating, submission and oversight of UAS National
flight schedules by CBP prior to execution of the mission.
- Coordinate with civil and/or military weather agencies for
forecasting services accessible from the UAS NASOC site.
- Prepare publish and update as required Notices to Airmen
(NOTAM) applicable to UAS operations through the applicable Flight
Service Station (FSS). The NOTAMs shall contain detailed
information essential to safe UAS operations in the national
- Establish, maintain, and update as needed the Flight
Publications Library, including the following products: applicable
DOD Flight Information Publications (FLIPs), FAA Air Traffic
Publications, approved Letters of Procedures, Certificates of
Authorization issued by the FAA, as well as CBP UAS operations and
- Coordinate UAS flight/mission planning and briefing with all
applicable agencies prior to the commencement of operations.
- Coordinate with applicable agencies to facilitate UAS access to
and utilization of necessary airspace to support operational
- Support post-mission reporting and analysis. This shall include
the following areas: UAS mission results, lessons learned,
equipment effectiveness and status, maintenance, supply and
logistics reports, and accident and hazard potential reports.
- Coordinate mishap response and safety efforts with the
appropriate mishap response agencies and approve mishap response
plans, procedures and checklists for use in a UAS related
- Provide scheduling, monitoring, post-sortie data collection,
report generation, and records management support for the execution
of manned proficiency flight training in support of currency
requirements applicable to UAS air crew members.
- Performs and conducts training.
At Prescient Edge, we believe that acting with integrity and
serving our employees is the key to everyone's success. To that
end, we provide employees with a best in class benefits package
- A competitive salary with performance bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits, including medical, vision,
dental, and orthodontia coverage
- A substantial retirement plan with no vesting schedule
- Career development opportunities, including on-the-job
training, tuition reimbursement, and networking
- A positive work environment where employees are respected,
supported, and engaged
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is considered as experience in air
operations, air traffic control, or airfield operations management.
DOD or DHS experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of DOD/DHS aircraft systems and mission
- An FAA Class 2 Medical Certification is required for this
- Individual must submit to a CBP BI; a favorably adjudicated BI
will be required to maintain this position.
- A Secret Clearance is required for this position
Prescient Edge is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) founded
as a counterintelligence (CI)/ Human Intelligence (HUMINT) company
in 2008. It is a global operations and solutions integrator
delivering full-spectrum intelligence analysis support, training,
security, and technology R&D support solutions to the
Department of Defense (DoD) and Throughout the Intelligence
Keywords: Prescient Edge, Sierra Vista , Systems Engineer, Other , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!