UAS Operations Specialist
Company: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc.
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking UAS
Operations Specialists to join our team. We are looking for people
in Sierra Vista, AZ, Grand Forks, ND, and San Angelo, TX. MTSI is
100% employee-owned.Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most
important and critical programs to our national defense and
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We
challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support
and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's
success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know
what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall
meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a
separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our
founding in 1993For additional company information, please visit:
- Coordinate UAS operating site services to include: site
preparation, site support services during UAS operations, as
required. Site support services shall encompass the launch and
recovery sites, the Ground Control Station (GCS), Remote Video
Terminal (RVT) and potential emergency and alternate airfield
- Provide flight authorization and scheduling support, including
preparing and updating, submission and oversight of UAS National
flight schedules by CBP prior to execution of the mission.
- Coordinate with civil and/or military weather agencies for
forecasting services accessible from the UAS NASOC site.
- Prepare publish and update as required Notices to Airmen
(NOTAM) applicable to UAS operations through the applicable Flight
Service Station (FSS). The NOTAMs shall contain detailed
information essential to safe UAS operations in the national
- Establish, maintain, and update as needed the Flight
Publications Library, including the following products: applicable
DOD Flight Information Publications (FLIPs), FAA Air Traffic
Publications, approved Letters of Procedures, Certificates of
Authorization issued by the FAA, as well as CBP UAS operations and
- Coordinate UAS flight/mission planning and briefing with all
applicable agencies prior to the commencement of operations.
- Support post-mission reporting and analysis. This shall include
the following areas: UAS mission results, lessons learned,
equipment effectiveness and status, maintenance, supply and
logistics reports, and accident and hazard potential reports.
- Coordinate mishap response and safety efforts with the
appropriate mishap response agencies and approve mishap response
plans, procedures and checklists for use in a UAS related
- Provide scheduling, monitoring, post-sortie data collection,
report generation, and records management support for the execution
of manned proficiency flight training in support of currency
requirements applicable to UAS air crew members.
- Performs and conducts training.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is considered as experience in air
operations, air traffic control, or airfield operations management.
DOD or DHS experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of DOD/DHS aircraft systems and mission
- An FAA Class 2 Medical Certification is required for this
- Individual must submit to a CBP BI; a favorably adjudicated BI
will be required to maintain this position.
- A Secret Clearance is required for this position.Locations:
Three specialists at Sierra Vista, AZ; Two specialists at Grand
Forks, ND; and Two specialists at San Angelo, TX.#LI-MR1
Keywords: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc., Sierra Vista , UAS Operations Specialist, Other , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!