Junior Systems Design Engineer- Sierra Vista AZ
Sierra Vista, AZ, USAFull-Time
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Sentrillion is seeking to hire a full-time Junior Systems Design
Engineer to support the US Customs Border Protection Agency in our
office in Sierra Vista AZ. Are you someone who wants to be integral
in design, deployment, installation, testing, verification, and
system administration for all physical security systems
(Surveillance, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, and other
special systems)* Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company
that makes a difference for your country and offers career growth
opportunities nationwide* Do you thrive in a fast-paced and
exciting work environment* Would you like to have your hard work
recognized and rewarded* If so, please read on!
Responsibilities include representing Sentrillion throughout
geographic regions by assisting the Engineer in Charge with company
installed equipment. Specific duties include:
Design and Development of Physical Security Systems
* Coordinates and conducts site surveys and technical
implementation of systems.
* Determination of equipment placement and equipment selection in
accordance with customer requirements
* Complete necessary design, test and deployment documentation.
Examples; site survey summaries, bills of materials, cost models,
drawing mark-ups, Visio/cad system overviews.
* Participate and responsible for all design requirements as
determined by customer, template, and company requirements
* Follow designated design process and complete necessary documents
as per company process
* Communicate (written and verbally) and interact with customer
during meetings and in order to arrange site surveys, verify
requirements, provide ongoing status, and request assistance.
Implementation of Physical Security System Designs
* Create Installation and Subcontractor Statement of Work
* Provide information and drawing markups to complete Installation
and Subcontractor drawings
* Support installation teams during installation of system
* Recommend solutions to installation and customer delivery
* Participate in systems installation as determined by
* Direct activities concerned with layout and design of electrical
circuitry, surveillance systems, access control systems, and
intrusion detection systems for internal and external use to ensure
conformance with Statements of work, proposals, codes and safety
* Directs modification of equipment to ensure operational
performance meets specified standards and ensure technical
* System Verification and Acceptance requirements and
* Conduct quality assurance, validation and verification of
* Follow designated deployment and installation process and
complete necessary documents as per company process.
* Test, Evaluation, Integration of Components
* Plan, analyze, design, implement, test, and troubleshoot
* Interacts with vendors for research and development efforts and
* Researches, develops, designs, and tests security components,
equipment, and systems.
* Uses complex diagnostic tools to calibrate or adjust electronic
equipment to specifications.
* Inspects and directs testing/evaluation of security products
* Creates test plans, documents test results, and provides test
* The engineer may lead working groups and must be able to perform
independently and within groups
* Communicate project status, deliverables, priorities, and
* Provide systems engineering support, technical expertise and
support direct interaction with customers
* May direct and coordinate installation, operation, maintenance,
and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
* Participates in Bid and Proposal system design, technical
writing, and other assigned efforts.
* Read, interpret, and create detailed schematics, wire diagrams
and site plans.
* Other duties, as assigned.
* Maintenance and Systems Administration
* Installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, CCTV, access
control, intrusion detection, and control systems and
* Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect
hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
* Replaces defective components and wiring and adjusts equipment to
* Assists in patching, imaging, and system evaluation as per
customer and system requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information
Systems, or a related field, 4 years of experience may be
substituted for the degree.
* 4 or more years of broad technical experience
* Additional technology systems/components certifications
* Advanced Network Infrastructure and Configuration knowledge
* Visio, AutoCAD, technical writing, and site design strongly
* Familiarity with various test instruments, Network Analyzer,
Spectrum Analyzer, OTDR, etc.
* Field installation experience desired
* Must be able to travel for site surveys and installation support
(up to 70%)
* Must be able to use Microsoft Office and Windows Platform
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact at all levels of
the organization and with customers.
* Must have good communication skills utilizing both verbal and
written communication to convey complex technical solutions in a
easy to understand and actionable manner
* Strong detail-oriented skills; able to multi-task and change
* Ability to work without direct supervision
* Must be able to participate in system installation activities
* Must have good public/interpersonal communication skills
* Able to secure a valid U. S. passport
* Must be able to obtain and maintain related security
* Ability to work designated schedule, as well as maintain
attendance and punctuality
SPECIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
* Able to work at moderately high heights, up to 60 feet above the
ground using bucket trucks, scissor lifts and ladders.
* Able to work in outdoor environment exposed to varying high or
* Must have sufficient physical agility to walk, climb, stand,
crawl, and stretch on a continual basis
* Must be able to perform work utilizing small hand tools and power
tools as required
* Able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs
* Able to sit at computer for 6-8 hours a day
* Able to manipulate small objects
* Able to grip without shaking
* Able to use computer, keyboard, mouse, and printers
* Able to travel utilizing designated method of travel to include
* US citizenship is required by regulation and government contract.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
Sentrillion is an EEO Employer/ Protected Veteran / Disabled
Keywords: Sentrillion, Sierra Vista , Junior Systems Design Engineer- Sierra Vista AZ
Sierra Vista, AZ, USAFull-Time, Other , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!