Per Diem Nurse Practitioner
Company: Emcara Health
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Position Title: Per Diem Nurse Practitioner
Job Status: Per Diem
Schedule: Flexible (Sunday- Saturday)
No Barriers. Just Great Care.
With an innovative model that brings annual health risk assessments
to the home, we're looking to serve more patients in the Sierra
Vista, AZ area. Join a team that's breaking down boundaries to
deliver proactive, preventative screenings at no cost to the
What You Will Do
You'll provideannual in-home assessments (IHA) for members of
Medicare, Medicaid, and Affordable Care Act plans. These 90-minute
visits identify care gaps, health risks, and social determinants of
health to help PCPs and health plans promote better outcomes. You
will collect patient histories, document patient concerns, and
provide health education. You are not responsible for lab tests,
blood work, or treatment. You will be asked to:
- Perform high quality assessments to meet patient needs and
health plan expectations.
- Document and submit chart notes within 24 hours of the
- Address charting queries within 48 hours of receipt.
- Attend periodic training sessions and meetings pertinent to the
position. Why Our Patients Need You:
Our patients need someone who'll go the distance for them,
literally and figuratively. Many of our patients have physical
limitations and social barriers that restrict their access to
quality care. It's a vicious cycle that leads to frequent
hospitalizations and higher healthcare costs. The solution starts
with accurate, complete documentation!
In-home assessments help identify the social determinants of health
that you can't see from a doctor's office. They also give patients
the time they need for meaningful conversations, ensuring their
questions are thoroughly addressed.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrates empathy in every patient interaction.
- Can make critical decisions while following Emcara Health
policies and procedures.
- Has an advanced understanding of risk adjustment models (or is
curious to learn).
- Is proficient with electronic medical records (EMR).
- Is comfortable entering new homes and engaging with new
- Will drive up to a 50-mile radius from their home address to
- Can sign up for a minimum of 30 appointment slots or more per
month. General Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to bend or kneel for extended periods of time if needed
while performing assessments. Education and Experience:
- Master's or Doctorate degree from an accredited NP
- Master's degree from an accredited PA program.
- Home health experience (Preferred)
- 1 year of in-home assessment experience (Preferred)
Certification and Licensure:
- Current RN and NP or PA licensure in the present state of
- Board certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
(ANCC), the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), or
the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current BLS certification
- Valid unencumbered state driver's license
- Valid proof of sufficient car insurance coverage for the state
appointments are scheduled to be completed in. About Emcara
Emcara Health is reimagining how healthcare is delivered. We
provide exceptional care to complex and underserved patients,
regardless of physical limitations, social barriers, or the places
they call home.
Associated topics: anesthetist crna, cardiology, certified nurse
midwife, clinic, community, crna, family medicine, nursing
assistant cna, nurse practitioner, splst
Keywords: Emcara Health, Sierra Vista , Per Diem Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!