LPN - Hospice - Weekends
Company: Casa De La Paz
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Company Overview: Casa de la Paz in Sierra Vista, AZ is seeking
a Full Time Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN to join our team.
- Excellent Pay & Benefits
- 1:1 Patient Care
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Great Culture - join our family!This position is a great
opportunity to grow your Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN skill-set
-while providing essential one-on-one care to individuals in the
home care setting. - Casa de la Paz, a part of LHC Group, is the
preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and
families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term
acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose:Its all about
helping people. Essential Functions: The Licensed Practical Nurse
(LPN) in Hospice provides care to patients in hospice. The LPN
maintains patient confidentiality at all times. - The Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) practices use of good communication skills,
both verbally and written. Is responsible for adhering to all LPN
Nursing Practice Standards as they apply to patient care.Performs
skilled nursing services under the supervision of a staff RN on a
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments as permitted
by State regulations on an as needed basis.
- Assists the physician and/or staff RN in performing specialized
procedures on an as needed basis.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living and
encourages appropriate self-care on a daily basis.
- Reports to the patients physician and other appropriate
personnel regarding pertinent changes in the patients condition on
an as needed basis.
- Performs complex wound care if in-service is documented for
specific procedure on a daily or as needed basis.
- Receives and follows physician orders within realm of practice
for an LPN and within the standards of hospice practice but may not
alter the plan of care on a daily basis.
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice
assigned modules on-line and attends assigned in-services on a
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining
medications ordered by the physician and included in the patients
Plan of care. Assures compliance when possible of medication regime
within the specified formulary on a regular basis. Education &
Experience: Formal Education: -Associate Degree or certification
- Unrestricted licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current drivers license and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.Additional Sate
- LA: At a minimum, two years full time experience working as an
- AL, AR, AZ, GA, ID, MI, MO, MS, NC, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV:
No additional state specific requirements.Equal Opportunity
Employer - vets, disability.Must be fully vaccinated or be willing
to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of
vaccination will be required. - If permitted by state law, the
company will consider requests for religious or medical
Keywords: Casa De La Paz, Sierra Vista , LPN - Hospice - Weekends, Healthcare , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!