Medication and HIE Document Management Nurse, AZ (RN #)
Company: Northeast Healthcare Recruitment, Inc.
Location: Sierra Vista
Posted on: September 7, 2020
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to assists with management of
medication refill requests from patients and pharmacies and
responds to transition of care/referral documents of adult
patients. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in
no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and
may be modified, interpreted, and/or applied in any way, as
necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties. Essential Job
- Responds to incoming unmatched refill requests from
- Takes incoming calls from patients who have questions regarding
medication refills or prior authorizations
- Refills medications if appropriate and under approved standing
- Track successful refill numbers and reports numbers to Nursing
- Reviews all incoming Transition of Care/Referral Documents
received as Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture (CCDA's)
and reconciles medication lists and active diagnoses as
- Notifies providers of new diagnoses or changes in medication
regimens when appropriate Additional Job Duties:
- Assists providers and care team to meet population health goals
and chronic disease management by utilizing standing orders.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients'
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs when
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses and conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with Patient Care Team Members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluation patient care plans.
- Assist with telephone triage, screening a patient's symptoms
for urgency and advises the patient when to see medical attention,
based on the severity of the problem described.
- Asks specific questions per established policies, procedures
and protocols, providing validity and reliability to the
disposition that will assist the patient to make an informed
decision about their health care.
- Notifies physician in a timely manner, as appropriate,
regarding unusual or unexpected events/problems requiring direct
physician consultation or intervention.
- Flags abnormal diagnostic imaging or lab results to bring them
to the attention of the clinician to ensure timely follow-up with
- Takes critical test results such as labs and diagnostic phone
calls from outside facilities and bring them to the attention of
the clinician. Required Education, Experience, Certificates &
- Degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Current Unrestricted Arizona State Nursing RN license.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if
requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card. Keyphrases: medical case
management jobs, case manager jobs, case manager consultant jobs,
case management consultant jobs, geriatric case management jobs,
case management nursing jobs, nurse case manager jobs
Keywords: Northeast Healthcare Recruitment, Inc., Sierra Vista , Medication and HIE Document Management Nurse, AZ (RN #), Healthcare , Sierra Vista, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!